The Cape Town Flower Show takes place from Thursday 27th–Sunday 30th October 2016 at The Castle of Good Hope, in the centre of Cape Town with Table Mountain as its backdrop.
This annual lifestyle show brings together gardens and gardening, planting trends and designs for living outdoors; unites notions of beauty, sanctuary and sustainability; and celebrates local food, culture and community. The show taps into a gardening culture that’s young, vibrant and identifies with a universal awareness for the need to care for the environment.
The show’s main features include:
- Show Gardens – As visitors enter the Castle forecourt, they will see 20 show gardens designed by the country’s top landscape architects and designers.
- Floristry – Visitors can attend workshops and demos in the Floral Theatre at the Bakhuys at the Castle and see the first-ever MasterFlorist™ competition take place, in which contestants will be challenged to create different floral arrangements on each themed day of the show. These will then be judged to allow for daily eliminations, culminating in an overall MasterFlorist winner on Sunday.
- Flowers in Art – In Secunde’s House behind the show gardens – a special display of South African paintings, ceramics, etchings and other artistic mediums that depict flowers is being curated by Epson especially for the show.
- Horticultural Exhibits – Retail exhibitors will show and sell a wide range of on-trend and versatile gardening products.
- Nurseries and seeds – a wide range of nurseries and seed companies will be on hand to give advice and also sell their plants and products from their stands.
- The Backyard (Food Court) – Set among food gardens, visitors can sample and buy from artisanal food producers as well as craft beer, craft gin, bubbly, wine, soft drinks, tea and coffee.
- Water-Wise – Everyone today needs to be more water conscious. A special Water-Wise section is dedicated to showcasing water saving and water harvesting techniques.
- Workshops and demos – a full schedule of workshops appealing to everyone from keen and novice gardeners to kids is being developed for release nearer to the show. Workshop subjects include planting, floral arrangements, biomimicry, orchid care and many more.
The Cape Town Flower Show taps into a gardening culture that`s young, vibrant and identifies with a universal awareness for the need to care for the environment.
Check our event page for updates: Cape Town Flower Show Facebook Event Page
R50 (10-17 year-olds)
Door price at the event:
R90 (10-17 year-olds)
Children under 10 years old: FREE
Tickets can be purchased at Computicket.
10am – 9pm: Thursday – Saturday
10am – 5pm: Sunday